I love books, real books. With paper and ink I can smell the dust and touch the pages that are many years older than me. Something special happens when I choose a book off the shelves and open it to see the the marks of ink. Something special happens when I can touch the cover and smell the pages.
I will admit my secret: I own a Kindle. Yes, it is true what they say about it being so much more convenient to carry an e-reader around. Although it is not at all convenient when it runs out of battery and I’m forced to read next to an outlet—if I actually have my charger with me! Given the choice, I would much rather read from a physical book.
For me, stories are far more magical when they come from old-fashioned paper and ink.
Join me on an adventure that is sure to provide interest as I:
- read and review books
- share interesting and memorable quotes
- keep tabs on the moving revolution of paper and ink
- review my pet peeves in grammar
- learn about the work of a writer
- look for information about publishing
- continue my own writing ambitions
- and anything else that expresses the brilliance of words and stories
I think language is an amazing thing, and I hope that this blog will spur on others to find wonder in stories and words as well.